It is very easy to get lost in all the things that are going on in your everyday life. Sometimes it gets so bad, and there are so many things demanding your full attention that you barely have time to think about yourself.
I’m sure this is a scenario that you’re all too familiar with.
After all, these things shave to get done and you’re the one who is responsible for making sure it is.
Throughout all these seemingly super busy times, it’s important to remember to take care of yourself if not physically then at least mentally.
Having said that, this article seems to help you take care of yourself during these times. Therefore, here you will find some really great self-care quotes you should remember during those times.
Why self-care is very important
Self-care should be practiced as often as possible because it helps you become better people in so many ways. Naturally, if you’re depleted physically and emotionally, it will be harder to handle the everyday stresses that may come your way. This is why it is so important to practice self-care as it:
It benefits your physical health
It benefits your emotional health
When you take time out to care for yourself, you feel good about yourself. Not only that, but you also remind yourself that you are important too which can go a long way in making you feel happier.
It benefits your relationships
Tiredness, burnout, overworked. These are feelings that may seem prevalent in your life. if you’re feeling like this, your relationships with people will also reflect some measure of this. Taking time out to care for yourself ensures that you’re rejuvenated and can deal with everyone at your best.
It helps keep stress at bay
Stress. It’s a five letter word that so many of us know all too well. Making sure you incorporate self-care in your life is paramount to helping you deal with stress. It helps you feel relaxed, rejuvenated. Plus, just taking time out to recharge can help you find good solutions to so many things that may be causing the stress in the first place.
Self-Care Strategies You Can Try Out
You’ve seen why self-care is so important. Now, you need to find a few ways to nurture yourself so you’re always at your best. These things do not have to be expensive. In fact, you can do many of these things at home!
- Take a Bath
- Deep-Condition Your Hair
- Read a book
- Eat healthier meals
- Take long reflective walks
- Care For Your Feet
- Nourish Your Skin
- Get a Massage
- Get some much-needed rest
Beyond that, here are 67 amazing self-care quotes to live by.
67 self-care quotes to help you take care of YOU!
1. “Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes, including you.” – Anne Lamott
2. “Self-care isn’t about self-indulgence it is about self-preservation.” – Audrey Lorde
3. “Self-care is so important. When you take time to replenish your spirit it allows you to serve others from the overflow. You cannot serve from an empty vessel.” – Eleanor Brown
4. “When you say yes to others, make sure you not saying no to yourself.” – Paulo Coehlo
5. “When the well’s dry, we know the worth of water.” – Benjamin Franklin
6. “Do something every day that is loving toward your body and gives you the opportunity to enjoy the sensations of your body.” – Golda Poretsky
7. “Sometimes the most important thing in a whole day is the rest we take between two deep breaths.”– Etty Hillesum
8. “Learning to love yourself is like learning to walk—essential, life-changing, and the only way to stand tall.” – Vironika Tugaleva
9. “When you recover or discover something that nourishes your soul and brings joy, care enough about yourself to make room for it in your life.” – Jean Shinoda Bolen
10. “You are a VIP, a very important person so take care with self-care. If not you, who? If not now, when?” – Toni Hawkins
11. “When you make peace with yourself, the world will mirror back that same level of peace.”– Debbie Ford
12. “Loving yourself means making choices that allow you to care for the important person that you are.” – Debbie Ford
13. “ The most satisfying project you will ever undertake-and a mark of a complete human being is to discover how to build a sense of happiness that no one can take away from you.” – Deepak Chopra
14. “ If you restore balance in your own self, you will be contributing immensely to the healing of the world.” – Deepak Chopra
15. “You are the most important part of the family. Take care of yourself first. Then you’ll be able to take care of everyone else even better.” – Deepak Chopra
16. “Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.” – Jim Rohn
17. “ There are days I drop words of comfort on myself like falling leaves and remember that it is enough to be taken care of by myself.” – Brian Andreas
18. “ The body is your temple. Keep it pure and clean for the soul to reside in.” – B.K.S. Iyengar
19. “Self-care isn’t selfish. It’s self esteem.” – Ashley Judd
20. “ In dealing with those who are undergoing great suffering, if you feel “burnout” setting in, if you feel demoralized and exhausted, it is best, for the sake of everyone, to withdraw and restore yourself. The point is to have a long-term perspective.” – Dalai Lama
21. “ Self-care is never a selfish act – it is only good stewardship of the only gift I have, the gift I was put on earth to offer others.” – Parker J. Palmer
22. “ Your relationship with yourself sets the tone for every other relationship you have.” – Robert Holden
23. “ To practice Extreme Self-Care, you must learn to love yourself unconditionally, accept your imperfections, and embrace your vulnerabilities.” – Cheryl Richardson
24. “ I listen with love to my body’s messages.” – Louise Hay
25. “ Be committed to the relationship you have with yourself. We get so committed to other relationships but often sort of toss ourselves away. We get around to ourselves only now and then. So, really care for who you are. Be committed to loving yourself. Take care of your heart and soul.” – Louise Hay
26. “ We must be our own before we can be another’s.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
27. “ Nourishing yourself in a way that helps you blossom in the direction you want to go is attainable, and you are worth the effort.” – Deborah Day
28. “ In my own deepening understanding of myself, I find my capacity to serve others is deepened as well. The better I am at self-care the more genuinely nurturing of others I am able to be.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
29. “ Self-care is not selfish. You cannot serve from an empty vessel.” – Eleanor Brown
30. “ Invent your world. Surround yourself with people, color, sounds, and work that nourish you.” – Sark
31. “ All of us can improve the quality of our lives if we practice the art of self-care and train our minds to think thoughts that make us feel good.” – Louise Hay
32. “ Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.” – Steve Jobs
33. “If your compassion does not include yourself, it is incomplete.” – Jack Kornfield
34. “ You can’t hate yourself happy, You can’t criticize yourself thin, You can’t shame yourself wealthy. Real change begins with self-love and self care.” – Jessica Ortner
35. “ Self-love, my liege, is not so vile a sin, as self-neglecting.” – William Shakespeare
36. “ Sometimes the most important thing in a whole day is the rest we take between two deep breaths or the turning inwards in prayer for five short minutes.” – Etty Hillesum
37. “If you can learn to love yourself and all the flaws, you can love other people so much better. And that makes you so happy.” – Kristin Chenoweth
38. “We shouldn’t just think about mammograms and self-exams and self-care once a year. It should be an ongoing thing.” – Suzy Nakamura
39. “All of us can improve the quality of our lives if we practice the art of self-care and train our minds to think thoughts that make us feel good.” – Louise Hay
40. “Effective health care depends on self-care; this fact is currently heralded as if it were a discovery.” – Ivan Illich
41. “We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves.” –Dalai Lama
42. “In order to bring out the best in people, you need to give them your best.” –Omar Suleiman
43. “Self care is a divine responsibility.” — Danielle LaPorte
44. “Instead of indulging in ‘comfort food,’ indulge in comfort meditation, comfort journaling, comfort walking, comfort talking, comfort manicures, comfort reading, comfort yoga, comfort hugging.” — Karen Salmansohn
45. “I have to take care of myself. It’s about self-preservation.” — Danielle de Niese
46. “To me, self-care isn’t really shallow. Showing up for yourself, putting on a little moisturizer, can inspire so many different parts of your life.” — Jonathan Van Ness
47. “By taking care of myself I have so much more to offer the world than I do when I am running on empty.” – Ali Washington
48. “Your mind will answer most questions if you learn to relax and wait for the answer.” –William S. Burroughs
49. “To experience peace does not mean that your life is always blissful. It means that you are capable of tapping into a blissful state of mind amidst the normal chaos of a hectic life.” – Jill Bolte Taylor
50. “Self-compassion is simply giving the same kindness to ourselves that we would give to others.” –Christopher Germer
51. “There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that’s your own self.” –Aldous Huxley
52. “Always be a first-rate version of yourself.” –Audrey Hepburn
53. “Loving yourself…does not mean being self-absorbed or narcissistic, or disregarding others. Rather it means welcoming yourself as the most honored guest in your own heart, a guest worthy of respect, a lovable companion.” – Margot Anand
54. “You have been criticizing yourself for years and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.” – Louise Hay
55. “Until you value yourself, you won’t value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.” – M. Scott Peck
56. “Your outer world is a reflection of your inner world.” –T. Harv Eker
57. “Lighten up on yourself. No one is perfect. Gently accept your humanness.” – Deborah Day
58. “Boundaries are a part of self-care. They are healthy, normal and necessary.” – Doreen Virtue
59. “Your heart is sacred land. Don’t let just anything enter it. Guard it with your life.” –Yasmin Mogahed
60. “Selfish is caring for ourselves at others’ expense … Self-care is taking care of ourselves so that we can be there for others.” –Bill Crawford
61. “Don’t abuse yourself or withhold self-love or self-care.” – Bryant H. McGill
62. “An empty lantern provides no light. Self-care is the fuel that allows your light to shine brightly.” –Unknown
63. “As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands, one for helping yourself, the other for helping others.” – Maya Angelou
64. “With every act of self-care, your authentic self gets stronger, and the critical, fearful mind gets weaker. Every act of self-care is a powerful declaration: I am on my side, I am on my side, each day I am more and more on my own side.” – Susan Weiss Berry
65. “Close your eyes and imagine the best version of you possible. That’s who you really are, let go of any part of you that doesn’t believe it.” – C. Assaad
66. “The love and attention you always thought you wanted from someone else, is the love and attention you first need to give to yourself.” –Bryant McGillns
67. “Learning to love yourself is like learning to walk—essential, life-changing, and the only way to stand tall.” – Vironika Tugaleva
From all these amazing self-care quotes, you can see just how essential self-love and care are to making you feel whole. Uses these quotes to help inspire you to take care of yourself regularly. All other aspects of your life will benefit positively from more self-care!