Last Updated on
Here is a long list of 101 everyday things to be thankful for.= to help improve your overall life and well being.
Many times we only take time to be grateful for the big things in our lives. Thing like getting married, going on a much needed vacation, graduating from college, increasing our salaries, buying a new home or new car and so on an so forth.
These are the things that seem worthy of being thankful for.
After all, these are the things we allow ourselves to see and to focus on. The rest- those small, see mingling insignificant things that make up more than 90% of our daily lives – we quickly dismiss and forget.
Can you just take a moment to image what it would be like for us if we were to just take time out to be thankful for all these little things? I can tell you from experience, life would be so much better overall.
These small, everyday can fill you heart with joy if only you’d take the time out to appreciate them.
Benefits of being more grateful
You may not have know this but studies have shown that gratitude plays a massive role is helping people live a more positive life. Here are 11 amazing benefits of being more grateful:
- Makes You Happier
- You Become Healthier
- You Become More productive
- You Become More successful
- You Are More liked
- You Are Less Agressive
- You Are Naturally More Optimistic
- You Feel Less Stressed
- You Are More Resilient
Steps to Being Grateful
1. Be Mindful of What You Have.
Always learn to be mindful of the things that you have whether material or otherwise or whether big or small. Always pay attention to the things that you.
2. Keep a Gratitude Journal.
Writing down what you feel grateful for in a journal is an awesome way to be mindful and give thanks regularly. Try it out weekly to see juts how much more positively you look at life.
3. Take time thinking of things deeply
Being grateful means taking time to think about things deeply. Consider meditation to help you do this.
5. Write little notes and stick them around your home
Remind yourself everyday of the small things that make you happy. do this by writing down 5 things that make you happy on a sticky note and place it somewhere in your home that you’re often in. This may be on the ride if you’re oftenest he kitchen for instance.
6. Little reminders on your phone
Add a small reminder of what you want to be grateful every day on your phone. We spend lots of time in our phones s this a great place to set small reminders of why you’re grateful.
List of everyday things to be grateful for
- Food on the table
- Having a pay check
- Making a final payment on a loan
- The ability to work from home -in your pajamas
- A beautiful sunrise
- A song you love
- Ability to spend time with your kids
- New clothes
- A comfortable bed to sleep in
- Your favorite morning drink
- A massage
- Time to enjoy your favorite Netflix show
- Warm showers/baths
- A beautiful sunset
- Moments of quiet when you’re the only one awake
- Days off work
- The ability to watch your favorite youtubers
- Breakfast in bed
- The Holidays
- Support of family
- Great co workers
- The act of kindness from people you don’t know
- Travelling to new places
- Ice cream
- Having a car
- Having a roof over your head
- The ability to buy things you like/want
- The support of your spouse/partner
- The ability to work from home
- The beach
- Shopping carts at the grocery store
- Your favourite book
- Family traditions
- Healthy family members/kids
- Savings account
- Good health
- A good career
- A fulfilling life
- Girl’s night out
- Guy’s night out
- Warm clothes
- Cozy fires and hot chocolate
- Free moments throughout the day
- A clean smelling home
- Your favourite everything (perfume, food, book, show etc)
- Health and life insurance
- Knowing and having a purpose
- Deep connections with people
- The ability to learned things
- Opportunities for side hustles
- The internet
- Birds chirping
- Walks in the park
- Personal growth
- Business growth
- Your childhood memories
- Your role models
- Awesome informational podcasts
- Online shopping
- Good hair days
- Looking and feeling good
- Scented candles
- Peaceful days
- The ability to choose your destiny
- The ability to ‘be there’ for your family
- Lunch and dinner dates
- Freedom of speech
- To do lists and planners
- Mastering time management
- An organised environment
- Funny videos on facebook or youtube
- Good news
- Getting back to health after sickness
- Heart to hearts
- Getting closure from people who hurt you in the past
- New ideas
- Air conditioning
- Feeling inspired
Related: Things to be grateful for daily
Amazing Quote About Gratefulness
“Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough.” —Melodie Beatty
”Gratitude is the healthiest of all human emotions. The more you express gratitude for what you have, the more likely you will have even more to express gratitude for.” —Zig Ziglar
“Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” —Oprah Winfrey
Being grateful leads to a more positive life
No matter what your circumstances may be right now, remember one thing: Being more grateful will help you build a more positive life.
You will become happier, healthier, more optimistic, more successful, more liked and you well being will be gratefully improved. And, being more great starts with a simple decisions you can make right now.
Use this huge list of everyday things to become more grateful for the small, yet wonderful things that happen in our lives almost every day!